ZBrush: Sculpt a Scarecrow
Sculpt a Scarecrow
This new video series for Lynda.com was created to teach “stylized”
character creation from concept, modeling and sculpting, through rendering. Throughout the video lessons, you learn a variety
of powerful digital sculpting techniques while creating a fun and whimsical Halloween scarecrow in ZBrush.
I demonstrate techniques such as sculpting with DynaMesh, detailing a burlap hat with stitches, creating draping cloth folds, and “carving” pumpkins effortlessly.
Students experienced in ZBrush will find this course refreshing and fun, and students new to ZBrush will be surprised at the professional look your design will achieve at the end of the lessons.
- * Creating base meshes with ZSpheres
- * Using DynaMesh and ZRemesher
- * Creating a rope by drawing a curve with a custom brush
- * Sculpting buttons, a hat, and gloves
- * Texturing the scarecrow
- * Creating wood grain
- * Exporting subtools to Maya for adjustments
- * Rigging in Maya
- * Polypainting in ZBrush
- * Creating a final portfolio quality render using BPR and Photoshop
Included in the project files, I provide you with several of my custom brushes, matcaps, and all the necessary concept art and base meshes. View It Here